Re: Transplanting old System to New Drive (now Linux for vision impaired)

On 08/19/2011 06:39 AM, Scott Ferguson wrote:
On 19/08/11 19:34, Lisi wrote:
On Friday 19 August 2011 01:38:58 Scott Ferguson wrote:
For me the biggest problem is CD labels - my writing makes the reading
even harder. Now if someone created a simple system that announced the
title of any cd placed in the drive based on information burned to the
CD....
Can you read Braille?

Lisi

No.
But I did try dynamo labels (once)... some-days I'm dumber than others :-(

Printed labels work. Even 12 point I can read with the magnifying sheet.
But I've added the "cd labeller"/"label reader" to my list of things
I'll do when I get time.

Cheers

Brother makes label-makers that produce very thin plastic labels on 2-layer
9/16" tape with characters at least 1/4" (6mm) high. Then you peel the tape
apart, and have an adhesive label that you can stick to a CD, or a binder,
or whatever. The model I have is called "P-Touch." I think it will also
use wider tapes and make bigger letters, I'm not sure. The characters are
black on a white background, and both upper and lower case are supported.
Input is via a small qwerty keyboard.

--doug