Re: orphan link linux-kbuild-N.N.N in /usr/local/src

Hello List

On 13/08/11 08:24, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-08-12 23:54 +0200, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

If you don't want to do that, use a bind mount rather than a symlink for
/usr/src.  Then the /usr/src/linux-kbuild-3.0.0 symlink will work (but
/usr/local/src/linux-kbuild-3.0.0 will not).

In other words, the issue remains.

Is there a way to ask to the involved package to link via an absolute path rather than a relative one ?

Not really, although it might be possible to convert it to absolute
after unpacking if you install a dpkg trigger which does that.

This sound as a dirty trick that I wan to avoid.

May I fill a bug report here ?

Debian policy requires the link to be relative¹, so the Debian kernel
team will not change their packages to accommodate you.

Thanks to remind me this part of the story.

My current understanding is that my set up is not appropriate:
my plan is to remove `/usr/local/src' and to mount `/usr/src'
on its own partition. This will fix the issue, and this will allow
to keep `/usr' mounted read-only and to play as before in `/usr/src'
to build my own specific kernel images.

Thanks for the small discusion,
Jerome

Sven