Re: Wheezy kernel bug

Dne 12.8.2011 15:57, piše Tony Gallagher:
Hi,
This is my first time reporting a bug, so bear with me. I installed Debian Squeeze and performed a dist-upgrade once. From there, I changed my sources.list to point at Wheezy and have regularly performed a dist-upgrade. Everything is reasonably stable, with the exception of the kernel. My laptop contains an Intel Express 4 Mobile chipset, and every kernel from 2.6.38 onwards leads to a black screen during booting, and no way to get a console to diagnose the problem. Kernel 2.6.35 boots without problems.

I've seen the same issue on Ubuntu and Linux Mint, though not on the 32-bit edition of Linux Mint, so it is probably a kernel issue on 64-bit systems, though I have not discounted the possibility of the Intel driver being the source of the problem.

Regards,
Tony Gallagher

Hi,

   have you also reported this bug using ReportBug in Debian?

Cheers,

Dejan