Re: cups on wheezy problem

On 08/10/2011 02:09 PM, Wayne Topa wrote:
On 08/10/2011 01:38 PM, Camaleón wrote:
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:57:13 -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:

On 08/10/2011 10:27 AM, Camaleón wrote:

<<snip>>

I don't usually go to the bugs page on debian.org directly but by the
Google links when I am searching for the 'error of the day' :-(

I do however, maybe wrongly, rely on listbugs so here is what it has
been saying for days now.
Fixed: cups/1.4.8-1
I am running 4.8-2 and an attempt to downgrade reports it could not find
4.8-1.

This thread has taught me something. I should not have depended on apt-listbugs!

http://bugs.debian.org/release-critical/debian/all.html  shows that
Total number of release-critical bugs: 1229 in wheezy and one of which is

Package: cups (debian/main).
Maintainer: Debian CUPS Maintainers <pkg-cups-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
  635842 [        ] [T] lpd backend crashes, cups unusable

I would not have wasted the lists time/bandwidth with this thread if I had known that apt-listbugs was not reporting 'unusable' packages.

The bug is known upstream and is being looked into.

Thanks Camaleon, old dogs can learn new tricks.

Wayne