ad-hoc wifi - network unreachable

Hi everyone,

I am unable to connect to adhoc networks on debian sid using wicd.
Whenever I try to connect to an adhoc network (in this case the one
broadcast by barnacle on my phone, but the problem is reproducible on
any adhoc network), wicd appears to go through all of the steps to
connect successfully but then at the last second fails saying 'not
connected', and ping complains that the network is unreachable.

Output of dmesg, wicd.log, iwconfig and ifconfig is attached.  Any and
all help is much appreciated. Thanks,

--
rbmj