Re: [Fwd: Re: gdm3 - cant find X confige file]

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:50:55 +0200, Johan Berntsson wrote:

(...)

>>> i will   try to make an x conf  file and  see what happends
>>>
>>> think its something else and about the invida pre  installed driver.
>>
>> But despite the warning about not finding the x config file, are you
>> getting any error, is the driver installed, what does xorg log say? :-?

> Now I'm wondering what to do.
>
> Then the installation script didnt found the xorg.conf

What it said?

> it wrote an new xorg.conf

You mean the installer created a new "xorg.conf" file? Good.

> now i have tested with this new file and the Gdm3 will not start

"Logs", sir, we need to see what X is telling you :-)

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

And also send to the list the full "xorg.conf" file so we can review it.

> Seems to be alot difficult to install an other graphic driver.

Setting up a VGA can be tricky: if your VGA works with the default set of
drivers then all goes smoothly, but if you need to install an external
driver, just pray >:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón