Re: limiting email sizes when sending files

Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, 23 Jul 2011 15:09:20 +0200, lee wrote:
>
>> what's there in Debian to mail files in parts with each part limited to
>> a given maximum size?  I need a commandline tool to do this --- metamail
>> doesn't seem to exist anymore.
>
> I use a custom script for that task that basically uses "split" (to cut
> the attachment in small chunks at the desired size) and "mutt" (to send
> it to the recipient).

Yeah, that's what I thought of doing if there isn't a better option.
How do you handle the mime stuff in your script so that the recipient
can extract the file from the many messages easily?

--
http://www.asciiribbon.org/
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1855