Re: Dual Monitor How To?

On 17/07/11 16:30, Sven Joachim wrote:
On 2011-07-17 16:22 +0200, Alan Chandler wrote:

I've recently upgraded by desktop computer so it now has Intel H67
Integrated Graphics built into the motherboard and I have an
additional Geforce 8400GS graphics card in the PCI-express slot.  I
have two monitors, the primary an 24in Iiyama connected via hdmi cable
to the mother boards graphics and an older 17in Iiyama connected via
VGA (no other choice) cable to the Geforce card.

After a brief check of the BIOS settings, I got it to boot with the
primary monitor being the H67 integrated graphics

Booting up Debian (unstable) the graphics displayed fine on the
primary monitor and the secondary monitor gained a few diagnostic
messages during boot (seemingly related to its graphics card) but
nothing else.

Can you please show the output of "dmesg | grep -E '(drm|nouveau)'"?

Sven

I've switched over to using the Nvidia drivers and seems to have got it all mostly working. But I can't (at the moment) produce the dmesg output you are asking for.

One negative is that all my icons on my desktop now have white or black backgrounds rather than transparent ones. I am wondering if the installation of nvidia-glx - which seemed to invoke a lot of "alternatives" might have caused this

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk