Re: How do I check the package I just installed

lina <lina.lastname@gmail.com> writes:

> After purge, reboot it came back to before.

Perhaps it's better to use aptitude for installing and removing
packages.  The big advantage is that aptitude knows a difference between
automatically installed packages and packages the user requested to
install.  Thus when you install a package "XXX" that depends on other
packages, all needed packages will be installed.  When you later remove
the package "XXX", all the other packages "XXX" depends on that were
installed automatically will also be removed.

You can safely install and remove (or purge) packages as much as you
like unless you remove packages that are required for the system to
work.  If there are dependency problems, aptitude tells you and tries to
fix them.

--
html messages are obsolete