Re: What is the future for Debian on (Android) tablets?

Brad Alexander wrote at 2011-07-09 17:26 -0600:
> Have you looked at the Maemo distribution? It came out for the Nokia Nseries
> tablets (n770/800/810/900), and is Debian-based. I have (briefly) started
> looking at whether this supports tablets. Since it was designed for
> (smaller) tablets, hopefully, it will work on the larger tablets.

I have an n810.  Running Debian on it is impossible, except in a chroot.
Maemo might be Debian-based, but it is NOT Debian, and is far less useful.
Without "open" hardware/software, devices are end-of-life whenever the
manufacturer wants, and Nokia wants.  Even a standard feature has stopped
working (up-to-date Maemo system on n810 requires custom /etc/hosts entry for
agps to work: <http://talk.maemo.org/archive/index.php/t-66084.html>).