Re: Does IPv6 preclude use of a NAT gateway?

On 07/09/11 at 09:47pm, John Hasler wrote:
> Liam writes:
> > The remote side will know your actual IP address...
>
> One of the 2^64 at your disposal.

Or more. The IETF recommendation is, generally, a /48 (so you can have subnets.
you can subnet below /64 but then SLAAC won't work).

Also, changing from one of your IPs to another confers no security advantage,
since the prefix will be unique. They'll still know your range of assigned IPs.

Although I guess if you kept changing around it could get resource intensive
for them to scan your subnet over and over. I'm going to stop extrapolating and
ask you to explain what you meant ;P

--
Liam