Re: OT: Debian with HP ProLiant DL120 G7

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 21:16:17 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>> > If don't see any disk is when you start sweating :-P
>
> No, as long as there wasn't a click-click noise before, I wouldn't
> sweat, I wouldn't wait, but open the PC case and reconnect the SATA
> cables ;). Usually the poltergeist disconnect SATA cables. Time to
> change the connectors by those new SATA connectors with a clip, a friend
> found out that poltergeists are to stupid to disconnect this modern SATA
> connectors.

I'm afraid you didn't get it :-)

When hard disks are connected to the controller and installer cannot
detect the disks in there, that usually means that your controller has
been setup as a RAID controller and kernel cannot even recognized them,
so you will need to:

a) Get/load an additional driver
b) Change your RAID config to AHCI o SATA
c) Load a most updated kernel
d) Get a real hardware RAID card :-P

Greetings,

--