Re: help ! nvidia driver and X

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 20:14:12 +0530
Mahesh T Pai <paivakil@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Mahesh,

> If I got the message to which I was responding right, the problem was
> solved by removing xorg.conf. I was responding to (what seemed to me)

That's right, but the OP would ultimately prefer to use the nvidia
driver.  At least, AIUI, that is.  Removing xorg.conf would mean that
nvidia won't get loaded; a workaround rather than a solution, IMO.

> Was myself using nvidia binary drivers for some time, I had gone
> through the hell on an upgrade. Finally gave up on gnome3, 3D and

As did I recently;  nVidia is b0rked in testing, ATM.   :-(

--
 Regards  _
People stare like they've seen a ghost