Re: Disabling GNOME loud beep at shutting down

On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:18:02 -0400, Michael Checca wrote:

> On Fri, 08 Jul 2011 11:09:36 -0400, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Since some days I'm hearing a very (I mean "very") loud beep when I
>> shutdown (or was it when restarting?) GNOME in Wheezy.
>>
>> Is it possible to disable it? It's so loud that even hurts.
>>

> Is it coming through your speakers or from the motherboard?

>From the board, I guess. This is a laptop that was never able to
reproduce any sound from motherboard and now I get this :-)

> Also, try this in your terminal: "setterm -blength 0" It turns off
> beeps from the terminal.

It does not work ;-(

In fact, I get no beeps from the terminal just when shutting down/
restarting.

This is something new but I dunno where comes from. I've been using
wheezy since weeks and was not present. One of the latest updates could
have enabled it but dunno what I need to tweak.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón