Re: help ! nvidia driver and X

On Friday 08 July 2011 12:38:23 am briand@aracnet.com wrote:
> howdy,
>
> got a new motherboard and I'm trying to figure out how to get
> reasonable X working. using vesa and something very low resolution
> right now.
>
> I tried googling on that error symbol and literally got nothing
> back.

Hi,

What motherboard/CPU/video did you wind up getting?  I'm trying to
decide on components to build my new system from and could really use
any advice.  (I'm not a "gamer" so the high end video is not of
interest to me, but I think that something in the middle would be
good.  I also don't want a  system with a lot of noise (I have
tinnitus, so a quiet system is important to me..)

Thanks,

Mark