Re: Tesseract...

El 2011-07-07 a las 13:50 -0700, sthu deus escribió:

(resending to the list)

> On 07/07/2011, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 17:02:40 +0700, Sthu Deus wrote:
> >
> >> Here are:
> >>
> >> https://launchpad.net/~nutznboltz/+archive/tesseract/+sourcepub/1729019/+listing-archive-extra
> >>
> >> plenty of missing in Debian 6 language packages w/ the updated program
> >> itself.
> >>
> >> Can't it be easily backported to D6 ones it is in Ubuntu?
> >>
> >> I would like to do it myself, but I never did that.
> >
> > You can suggest the package to be backported (by means of the backports
> > mailing list) to stable, although this can be a problem because it seems
> > that 3.x is not backwards compatible with 2.x files... but is a bit
> > strange that sid still has 2.x branch instead 3.x. Is 3.x still in
> > development or is now Tesseract's stable branch?
> >
> How do You see which package belongs to which repo?

What do you mean? Please, expand that a bit :-)

> - Do You install all the repos on Your computer?

Hum... I'm not sure what repos are you referring to (backports, Ubuntu
launchpad...)?

I would not mix Ubuntu packages into a Debian installation. Have you
considered in compiling the apckage from Tesseract site?

> - When I try to see from on the web - I see all of them are in single
> dir. - and only repo info files do know what is where.

I'm totally lost here, sorry :-). What are you trying to do?

(...)

Ah, I've seen that you already posted into backports mailing list. Yes,
you may ask to Tesseract Debian package maintainers for an update to
the 3.x branch so it can be then backported. The only problem I see here
(as I already said) is that backporting to the new version will render
unusable the old files ;-(

Greetings,

--
Camaleón