creating a preseed file

1. I came across debconf-get-selections , a tool that helps to create unattended installs preseed.cfg file. Is there something like this for debian that would run under windows ? I don't have a debian system yet.

2.Instead of creating a complete preseed.cfg file , can I just add a few lines to it?
For example I just want to add the following to the preseed.cfg:

# Alternatively, if you want to install to a location other than the mbr,
# uncomment and edit these lines:
#d-i grub-installer/only_debian boolean false
#d-i grub-installer/with_other_os boolean false
#d-i grub-installer/bootdev  string (hd0,0)

will this work? If so instead of (hd0,0) can I specify the / partition ? basically I want to install the boot loader into the same partition as the / partition . So how does one figure out the (hd0,0) number of the future partition? My partition table looks like this : http://i.imgur.com/SC3yC.jpg

Thank you