Re: Powering off or resetting USB peripherals

On Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 03:02:56PM +0200, lee wrote:
> How about using a serial modem?  Do others who have the same modem
> have the same problems?  It's possible that your modem is broken ...

Swapping out the modem isn't really an option.  Yes, this is a known
problem.  That being said, this is my second LG-VL600, so it's not
broken, at least not in the traditional sense.  Most of the AT commands
don't follow the 3GPP spec. so in that sense it is indeed broken :)

> If everything fails, you could make something up to cut the power,
> like tapping into the power supply line of the USB cable and switching
> it via some hardware that connects to the parallel port.

Interesting suggestion.  It looks like I may have to resort to something
like that.  Although, if this had Ethernet connectivity and supported
SNMP:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/computing/usb-gadgets/e2d2/

</dreaming>

- Mark