Re: Youtube flash not working

On 07/07/11 12:01 AM, William Hopkins wrote:
On 07/06/11 at 11:20pm, Frank McCormick wrote:
On 06/07/11 09:56 PM, William Hopkins wrote:
On 07/06/11 at 09:51pm, Randy Kramer wrote:
On Wednesday 06 July 2011 09:17:52 pm Frank McCormick wrote:
On 06/07/11 09:05 PM, Frank McCormick wrote:
Is anyone else heen experiencing Flash problems on Youtube?
It affects both Chrome and Firefox - but they seem to be able to
play Flash videos on other sites.

    Answering my own question again :)
    The key is to make HTTP into HTTPS for some bizarre reason that
only Google knows. HTTP works for some users..for those who just get
the black box, add the 's'...

Weird!  I've had the same problem, and the same workaround works for me
(using https instead of http).  So, thanks!

But, what makes you associate the problem with google?  I have the
problem with youtube URLs, like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ud_wGMXRnQ

Google owns and operates youtube.com

   They sure do...and they make you jump through hoops to report any
issues. Tonight for example their "report a bug" link went to an
error page!

I have no experience with the issue, I was just answering the question why
google was relevant.

Did you mean to reply off-list?

  No I didn't .Sorry. Late-night slip of the mouse.

--
Cheers