Re: Accented chars in filenames issue

On 27/06/11 00:55, William Hopkins wrote:
> On 06/26/11 at 09:45pm, Scott Ferguson wrote:
>>
>> <snipped>
>> What does the "--" do??
>
> POSIX standard is for -- to signify end of options, so anything beyond that
> cannot be processed as a switch/option.
>
> ,-----------
> | Guideline 10:
> |   The first -- argument that is not an option-argument should be accepted as
> | a delimiter indicating the end of options. Any following arguments should be
> | treated as operands, even if they begin with the '-' character.

Thanks -- should prove very useful (much simpler safety than other
proposals). Also explains why it didn't throw an error.
I remember seeing it before (IRIX and AIX) but, um, don't think I'd ever
bothered to asking why :-(.

Cheers

--
You know we armed Iraq. I wondered about that too, you know.
During the Persian Gulf war, those intelligence reports would come out: