Nvidia drivers from sid on squeeze

Hi,

I just upgraded my video card (from a 9400 GT to a GT 430), and when I
booted my system, X failed to start.  Seeing that the version of the
Nvidia drivers in sid were the same as those direct from Nvidia's
website, I tried upgrading the drivers to those from sid.  I restarted
XDM (via sudo invoke-rc.d xdm restart), but it still failed to start.
(I have attached the relevant parts of /var/log/xdm.log from immediately
after this failure, as well as my xorg.conf file.)  I then tried purging
all nvidia packages (and downgrading back to squeeze any dependencies
that were pulled in from sid) and installing nvidia-kernel-dkms (as
instructed by <http://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers>), but still
no joy; the same error.

What do I need to do to use the Nvidia drivers from sid on squeeze?

Regards,
Aidan Gauland