Re: QCAD Pro in Squeeze

Camaleón wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 10:45:33 -0800, peasthope wrote:

RibbonSoft notes that QCAD Pro worked in Debian 3.1 and 4.0. Is anyone
using it in 6, Squeeze?  I'm wondering whether to stick with Generic
CADD 6.1 purchased years ago or switch to QCAD Pro 2.2.  Recommendations
appreciated.

JFYI, for a 2D CAD application there is also DraftSight. I've not tested, but I remember it was mentioned in the news months ago...

http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software/

And there is also Briscad but may be a bit expensive for home users:

http://www.bricscad.com/en_INTL/

I've also used various CAD programs through WINE with decent success in the past.

Codeweavers has a list here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=category&iId=59&sAction=view&sTitle=Browse+Applications

keep in mind that some programs are dated.