Re: news/mail client and the text borders

This doesn't seem to be such a common/requested feature though nearly
everyone uses it in newsgroups.

On 06/13/11 05:05, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I suspect you get something similar to this
>
> dummytextdummytextdumm ytext dummytextdummytextdumm ytext
>
> Right?

exactly

> Perhaps you need to edit the preferences from 80 to 72 characters.

Wish there was such an interface.... Anyway, I got it to auto fold at 72
regardless of window size, by this rare precious guide
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Fixed_width_messages
of which i copied here the main part to ease eventual researches and
reduce risk of server lost.

--
Set fixed-width plain text on thunderbird and derived:

On the page Advanced – General, press the Config Editor... button. Set
the Filter to: flowed  Set the following preference to the opposite of
its default (for example, by double-clicking it), so that the setting is:

mailnews.send_plaintext_flowed 	user set boolean false

Optionally set the other preference to the opposite of its default (for
example, by double-clicking it). If you do this, then messages that
other people send to you also appear to be fixed-width, even if the
person who sent the message intended it to flow:

mailnews.display.disable_format_flowed_support user set boolean true