Re: generating graphs

on 03:31 Sat 11 Jun, Maros Zilka (maros.zilka@gmail.com) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to generate a graphs of CPU usage, temperatures etc ... and then
> put them on the web page. Can you recommend me some good program for
> this ? I know i can use Google or search packages but i want to know
> your opinion what is the best.

There are many system monitoring tools out there which provide this
functionality.

Cacti, mrtg (from which Cacti was developed), Munin, Zenoss, etc.

For what you're looking for, Ganglia, Cacti or Munin would be your first
go-tos.

For simpler single-system graphing, there are tools which will mine sar
(sysstat Debian package) data.  ksar is an interactive tool.  You can
also output delimited sar data for processing in tools of your own
choosing (awk, perl, ruby, python, gnuplot, R, ...).

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power