Re: Scratchy sound when encoding mkv to DVD with mencoder

On 05/29/2011 04:21 PM, François TOURDE wrote:
Hi,

I've a problem trying to convert a mkv video into a DVD suitable for a
home DVD player:

I use stable/testing, with debian-multimedia repositories for mplayer
and mencoder, and when I try to encode the mkv, I've a scratchy sound,
and only the firsts minuts of the video encoded.

Using mplayer to read the mkv works like a charm, but mencoder say after
a few seconds:

[snip]

My encoding options are:

mencoder -really-quiet -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd:tsaf -vf scale=720:576,harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=15:vstrict=0:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192:aspect=16/9 -ofps 25 -o<fileOut.mpg>  <fileIn.mkv>

I've looked at the net (not enough?), but nothing really revelant.

mencoder:  3:1.0~rc4+svn20110505-0.0
mplayer:   3:1.0~rc4+svn20110505-0.0

Any help appreciated.

Not help making *mencoder* work, but I have great success using HandBrakeCLI (package handbrake-cli) to convert DVDs to mkv and m4v.

corrupt."