Re: consolekit makes trouble

> Hello list,
>
> […] I saved my package list by dpkg --get-selections > package.txt, and
> after the fresh installation, I could reinstall them again. I did this with
> the command: apt-get install $(cut -f1 package.txt), which worked fine.

Just as a side note: This procedure has the probably unwanted side
effect that all previsously installed packages are now marked as
"manually installed". You could have used something like

aptitude search '~i!~M'

in order to generate a list of only the packages you had installed
manually.

J.
--
I often play sports / do exercise.