Re: IndexError: list index out of range

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:57 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2011 22:27:57 +0800, lina wrote:
>
> (please, avoid top-posting, it makes replying very annoying :-) )

Thanks for your replying. I will try.

>> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Camaleón <noelamac@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> (...)
>
>>> Hum... it is also reported in Debian BTS:
>>>
>>> runPmv crashes on start with index out of range for self.clipPlaneNames
>>> [num] in .../DejaVu/Clip.py
>>> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=603022
>
>> so it's a ATI driver issue.
>
> So it seems.
>
> Which is bad, because closed source drivers are not of the like of
> developers/packages so you'll have to wait for a fix or try with the most
> updated upstream driver ;-(
>
> In the meantime, you can use the workaround.
>
>> I tried on the desktop with Nivida driver (wheezy AMD64) it shows no
>> problem but I gotta wait for 10 mins or more to start this program. it
>> showed me lists of warnings at the end:
>>
>> P.S The long warning list:
>
> (...)
>
> You can also test the solution mentioned in the bug, it's a bit different
> from the one provided in the forum thread, so this could work.

actually remember the first URL you provided mention

        # Find out how many clipping planes
601:        maxClipP = int(GL.glGetDoublev(GL.GL_MAX_CLIP_PLANES)[0])

I added
   if(maxClipP > 6):
        maxClipP = 6 # the driver can't provide more than 6 clipping planes

after line 601, it showed me
NameError: name 'maxClipP' is not defined

but the line 601  has already had the maxClipP, then why added new
ones do not work here?

sorry, I am not good at python either.