Building Chromium from source on Debian 6.0.1 Stable

Following my previous question, someone recommended I build Chromium
from source. Is that possible to do on Stable? I tried to do it from
apt-get, but there were still dependency issues. Am I doing it wrong?
Should I be doing it another way?

If I remember correctly, I tried...

sudo apt-get source chromium-browser
sudo apt-get build-dep chromium-browser

And before I could compile it using apt-get, it gave me a bunch of
dependency issues. If you need me to I can reproduce this to show you all.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.