need help with gnome-keyring-manager

I have installed Squeeze on some different hardware for my desktop
computer. On previous install attempts (on other hardware) I have had
problems with gnome-keyring-manager interfering with my ability to use
ssh. Those problems seem to be recurring on this newer hardware and I
am looking for ways to disable gnome-keyring-manager.

I like to use Aptitude to get Debian packages. I did the install using
netinstall CD 6.0.1a. What is the most painless way to get Gnome running
*without* gnome-keyring-manager. I'm sure there are reasons why some
will argue that gnome-keyring-manager is a *good*thing*, but my experience
has been that if I let it exist on my computer it will eventually cause
me to mess up something and force a full re-install, so help please.
How do I avoid installing it? And, since it is there now, is there a
way to cleanly purge it?

Thanks.
--
Paul E Condon