Help Installing Debian

Dear All,
             I am using IBM System X 3400 M3 with Raid1 and Raid5.
Raid1 id being used to have Debian and raid5 for /home partiotion.
Whenever i am trying to install it after creating a partition when it
goes to format reboots my system. I have also tried lenny 5.8 which is
not detecting my disk at all neither showing anything missing. I have
tried RHEL 5.4 which says can not create boot partition because og GPT
partitioning scheme. I could  only manage to install RHEL 6
successfully.

Please let me know what is the issue.

Thanks