Re: Mp3 Encoding (and Virtual Machine Software for Wheezy?)

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 03:25:15PM -0400, Tin Kidneys wrote:
> On 05/18/2011 03:16 AM, Chen Wei wrote:
> >On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 12:35:01AM -0400, Tin Kidneys wrote:
> >>I just purchased a Sony E-Series Walkman,&  don't have any album
> >>artwork showing on mp3's i just encoded using my Debian Wheezy
> >>system (my lame libraries are from debian-multimedia.org).
> >>
> Thanks for the response. All tags on mp3's which are currently showing
> & not showing artwork are in ID3v2.3, so the issue is not ID3 tags.

I didn't know that lame can embed image into mp3. In fact, I always use
a 3rd party tagger. When I rip cd, ABCDE also appears work this way. It
use lame to encode wav files, id3 or id3v2 to tag mp3 files. To embed
artwork, I use easytag. Another choice is mp3tag, although it is
a windows app, it runs surprisingly well under wine.

--
Chen Wei