Re: specific kernel configuration for graphic card driver

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Panayiotis Karabassis <panayk@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/14/2011 09:04 PM, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>
> Hi!
>
>> You may check another email I sent to u about the icon.
>
> I got the email, I'll try to find out how to get rid of the icon.

Thanks, this icon even exist when the screen in sleep mode.

>> That's very nice of you. I wish you can tell me how to build a working .deb to install. But it might be so trouble.
>
> You are welcome! It takes some investment of time and mental effort, but
> the Debian packaging process is well-structured, well-documented and
> powerful.
>
> Start here:
>
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/

I just bookmarked this page.

> I recommend this, particularly if your work/studies is computer related.
> You can even become a Debian Developer!
>
> For fglrx backports, you'll just need to be familiar with debian/control
> and debian/changelog.
> You too! You can tell if acceleration is enabled by running:
>
> $ glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"
$ glxinfo
bash: glxinfo: command not found

$ fglrxinfo
display: :0.0  screen: 0
OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon HD 6600M Series
OpenGL version string: 4.1.10600 Compatibility Profile Context

Does the 2/3D acceleration work?

Thanks,

--
Best Regards,