Re: Unable to set Intel wireless card to master mode

On Thu, 12 May 2011 22:35:39 +0530, Damu R wrote:

> I am having a HP EliteBook 6930p laptop with Intel Ultimate  N WiFi Link
> 5300. Though the card supports master mode I am not able to set it to
> run in master mode. Is there anyway I can enable this mode?

(...)

Which driver/module are you using?

I remember a thread on this same list about a similar issue. IIRC,
finally it turned out that the driver did not provide the "master mode"
capability at all, so I would check that.

Driver capabilities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_open_source_wireless_drivers#Driver_capabilities

Greetings,

--