Re: So much for Skype.

peasthope@shaw.ca wrote:
> A POTS gateway is available from any of several companies.

The cheapest dial-out for my calling pattern is smslisto.com. Seems pretty
good for US and Western Europe (including UK). I haven't compared rates
for other countries, but as soon as you start searching around you'll find
a fair chunk of discussion and a number of helpful comparison sites. Very
little customer service but pretty reliable (backed by Finarea, a large
Swiss telecoms company).

In my case I also use sipgate.co.uk for providing a UK number for dial-in,
and some dial-out. Excellent customer service but the rates are not as
good. (Customer Service costs real money, so that's clearly a trade-off.)

[No relationship to either company other than as satisfied customer]

Chris