Re: How to join forever an alsa device id to a particular USB port?

owl700@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, I bought 2 identic USB audio device that work correctly with
linux but when I restart linux or I keep the devices out and I put it
in again they take another id. I need that the id would be always the
same.

Every help will be important to me :) thanks.

If you run 'blkid' in the console as root and can get a UUID from the device then you can add it to fstab and it will always be mounted with the name/ID you give it. Do this with all USB device and all will have a static name.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid - AMD64 - EXT4 - KDE 4.5.3 at sda14
Registered Linux User #380263