Re: Finding Library Dependencies - MxEasy Security Camera Software

On Sunday 8 May, 2011 08:27:27 godo wrote:
> it's happened sometimes that some package missing in testing or sid but
> from my experience it will come in few days or week.
>
> If you are in hurry try with sid version and if there is not to much
> dependencies I think it wont be a problem.

I've found libsdl1.2debian-all in Ubuntu Natty, which this software was packaged for, and the only two operative files in it are:
/usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0
/usr/lib/libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.3

There is a libsdl1.2debian-all for Debian Testing, which I'm running, but it's not built for amd64 yet.  There is a libsdl1.2debian-all for squeeze, and it has exactly what Natty's has.

And the kicker is that libsdl1.2debian (no -all) which I have installed, has these exact files with these exact names as well.  So I think the software is looking for the package name with -all, and when it doesn't find it it fails.  I overrode dependencies and installed it anyway, but inexplicably it does everything but show video.

There is a way to determine what libraries are required by an executable, but I don't remember what it is.