Re: Radeon X1550 64-bit

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 09:42:15 +0200, Raffaele Morelli wrote:

> I have serious problem with  my ATI RV505 CE [Radeon X1550 64-bit], DE
> freezes randomly and I can't understand the reason. Here's my xorg.conf,
> any suggestion?

You have to check if the freeze comes from X or is a kernel freeze. If you
can still login via ssh when the computer freezes, then the problem is
from X server.

Also, check your logs (syslog and xorg.0.log) for any abnormality.

(...)

> Section "Device"
>         Identifier      "Configured Video Device"
>         Driver          "ati"
>         #Driver         "radeon"
>         #river          "vesa"
> EndSection

Did you get any gain when using different drivers?

P.S. Although is commented, vesa entry lacks the "D" for "Driver", care
with that.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón