Flash performance suffers when using 3D style desktop

I just wanted to see if its my imagination, or whether other people have noticed it, but ...

When I run KDE 4.6 or Compiz Fusion desktops, attempts to play browser videos seems to give a very jerky response. (I assume these are using flash).

When I switch back to a simple GNOME desktop, it seems to be alright.

I have an Intel i965 onboard graphics chip, I am running Debian Unstable in 64 bit mode.

Is there something I can do with my Xorg.conf to prevent this slowup (I currrently don't have an Xorg.conf file - so everything is default).

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk