Re: vbox to thumb drive

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011 13:19:01 -0400, shawn wilson wrote:

> is there a program / script to convert a vm (virtual box in this case)
> to a bootable install on a thumb drive?
>
> i know i can do it manually. hell, i can probably script it with dd,
> qemu, grub-install, fdisk (figure out how to toggle boot flag from
> command line). however, i don't really want to reinvent the wheel.

Nice question, I'm in the same boat (this is something I've got in my "to-
do" list):

***
Is it possible to convert virtual machines to physical environments?
http://superuser.com/questions/114445/is-it-possible-to-convert-virtual-machines-to-physical-environments
***

As the poster says, if the guest machine is a unix based one, there are
more chances that it works. Windows HAL is quite complicated and halts
(BSOD) at the minimum sign when it finds something it does not like.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón