Re: Installing Joomla on Debian

Op 31-03-11 23:49, James Allsopp schreef:
> Hi,
> I want to install Joomla 1.6 on Debian, but am wondering why most
> instructions on the internet include Xampp. I don't think I need this as
> I already have apache2, mysql and php5 installed.

You are right.

> If I installed xampp,
> would this cause conflicts with the existing installed software?

Yes.

> Any help or pointers greatly appreciated,

You don't need Xampp. And if you install it, you cannot use the Debian
security updates so you have to install new versions every time by hand.

I wonder why people are advising this. Maybe because they like a way
what is identical on all operating systems.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.

--
http://www.vandervlis.nl/