Composite video from a Compaq Armada e500 to a Panasonic flat TV.

Folk,

I've connected the composite video output from a Compaq Armada e500
to a Panasonic flat TV.  The display on the TV works for the COMPAQ
logo, the BIOS, and the console startup messages.  When X takes over,
the TV appears to lose sync.  Nothing helpful is evident in the BIOS
of the Armada.  I can hunt for the manual for the TV.

Any ideas on finding a resolution and refresh rate in X that will
give the TV an acceptable signal?   Another setting in X?  Is a sync
adjustment in the menu of the Panasonic likely to solve it?  Is a
trim pot. in the Panasonic likely to need adjusting?

Thanks,               ... Peter E.

--
Telephone 1 360 450 2132.