Re: Xorg sever does not work in squeeze for me

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 07:43:26PM +0100, Sven Joachim wrote:
> On 2011-03-16 17:26 +0100, Martin wrote:
>
> > Btw. to use startx I have to use: sudo startx
> > $ startx -- -depth 16
> > X: user not authorized to run the X server, aborting.
> >
> > What group do I need to join?
>
> None.  Permission to run the X server is controlled by the allowed_users
> setting in /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config, see Xwrapper.config(5).  You
> probably want to set this to "console".

I was trying to start X from within 'screen' and that failed as noted.
If I run the command from other console where 'screen' is not running
than it is OK.

On the other hand I decided that maybe mga driver in squeeze has bug
and reported it with 'reportbug' [since it works in Lenny as I proved
it by installing Lenny again. While waiting to see what will happen
with my report I am wondering if I could download source of mga driver
for Lenny and recompile it for Squeeze? Would that work? Where do I
download source from?

Thanks
Martin