Re: AW: Virus

On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 01:19:20PM +0000, teddieeb@tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
> Boblitz John Said;
>

> Setup.exe?  Is that really a Debian file?
>
> ----
>
> I thought, but wasn't sure, so didn't want to say, that no Debian boot CD would contain an .exe file.  As these are a Microsoft Windows Format and by and by Linux as an Operating System only acknowledges their existence by defualt and offers non-native support via APIs such as WINE...
>
> TeddyB

win32-loader.exe available from the mirrors network

 Since its 0.6.22 version and thanks to the help of FTP Masters,
 win32-loader.exe is now downloadable from the official Debian
 mirrors[11]. When run from a Windows host, this executable (the
 standalone flavour of the setup.exe available on the x86 CDs) downloads
 the Debian-Installer kernel and initrd and configures the Windows
 bootloader to allow a seamless reboot to the Debian-Installer. It is
 supposed to work on all known Windows versions and can download both
the
 GNU/Linux and GNU/kFreeBSD Debian-Installer flavours.

  -- Didier Raboud

 [11]
http://ftp.ch.debian.org/debian/tools/win32-loader/unstable/win32-loader.exe

P.S.
I have personally used this and it works great. There is one caveat, you
*must* run "update-grub" afterwards otherwise you can't boot Windows.

   -- Napoleon Bonaparte