Re: Which distribution should I use based on my cpu's arch?

Hongsheng Zhao wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I've two computers and the cpu's informations are as follows:
>
>Intel (R) Core (TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67 GHz
>
>and
>
>Intel (R) Core (TM) 2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.5 GHz
>
>I want to know Which arch-specific distributions should I use based on
>my cpu's arch listed above, especially, i386, ia64, or amd64?

Core 2 and later is all 64-bit x86, aka amd64 in Debian. i386 will
also work, but won't be as effective on your hardware.

ia64 is itanium.

  http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#which-cd

>Besides, I've found that the ia64 distribution only have one DVD, why?

We don't ship all of the ISOs for all architectures, for space reasons:

  http://www.debian.org/CD/faq/#not-all-images

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss