Re: Application shortcuts don't work in KDE4?

On 08/03/11 16:08, S D wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can't get application shortcuts to work in KDE 4.

<snipped>

Just check that the following works for you
(if it does please post as [SOLVED])

$ cp ~/.kde/share/config/khotkeysrc
~/.kde/share/config/khotkeysrc_before_I_had_a_fiddle
$ nano ~/.kde/share/config/khotkeysrc

change line 7 from:-
Enabled=false

to:-
Enabled=true

Save, and test (I found earlier hotkey combinations I'd added had
disappeared)

I tested by creating a menu entry for Kmenueditor under the System
Settings section ('cause it's not in the *(^#@! menu...) and assigned it
a hotkey combination "Meta+Alt+K"
Also created a hotkey combination for Dolphin "Meta+E"

Both now work on my system.

Note: I have done no other testing, and - beware, it's a hack.

Cheers