Re: Debian 6 uninstallable?

George wrote:
>> Did you verified the checksum of the ISO image before burn it and also
>> the whole CD once it was written in the medium?
>
>MD5 sums of the ISOs are correct, I'm not going to MD5 the burned
>images - takes a long time, and I don't believe this to be the issue.
>
>> How about booting using a USB key?
>
>Sorry, yes I did try a USB key - same results as ISOs.  Only the IMG
>file finally worked from USB key, the ISOs and/or hybrid-ISOs did not.

Hmmm. *maybe* this is a feature of the hybrid ISO format and your
BIOS. If it's not too much trouble, please could you try an
appropriate image from

  http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/tmp/squeeze-non-hybrid-test1/

and tell me if/how that works?

Thanks,
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss