Re: Debian Wiki participation..?

On Sun, 27 Feb 2011 12:22:48 +0000, Peter Tynan wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2011, Camaleón wrote:
>
>> All valid concerns (#2 a bit paranoid, IMO), but I think they will be
>> better managed and properly addressed in the right mailing list:
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/DebianWiki/Contact#content-admins
>>

> Probably, but I'm not signing up for another mailing list just to make a
> single post - I've raised my concerns here mainly to see what other
> users think and raise awareness.  I will most likely follow through on
> the filing a bug report advice.

For someone who wants to collaborate in writing articles for the wiki, it
is indeed a good idea. Note that you do not have to "subscribe" it to the
list, you can use a news reader (or Gmane online form) or contact them
via IRC.

> As to point two being paranoid, with the way that Debian has operated
> over the years I have used - yes probably, but times and policies change
> so yes I'd like a definitive statement.

Okay, but it's just a wiki and your e-mail address will be used only for
login purposes (at least that's the way it worked in another wikis where
I've participated) and I trust Debian enough to do not think they will be
sending me spam or other e-mails I have not requested or that they'll be
selling people's e-mails to third-party companies/projects.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón