Re: Weird problem with experimental repo

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 03:58:04AM +0100, Jaromír Mikeš wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I having weird problem with experimental repository.
> I want try latest pulseaudio package pulseaudio-module-jack_0.9.22,
> but this package is available via synaptic.
> I tried also apt-get install, but same result.
>
> my source.list entry
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian experimental main contrib non-free
>
> But if I search for package manually I can find it.
>
>  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/pulseaudio/pulseaudio-module-jack_0.9.22-1_amd64.deb
>
> Same problem I have for package gammu
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/main/g/gammu/gammu_1.29.90-1_amd64.deb
>
> Any idea what can be wrong?
>
> Thanks for any help

This confusion comes from te fact that experimental uses;

  NotAutomatic: yes

See http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch02.en.html#_archive_level_release_files

Use of "-t" option can override this as others have pointed out.  For
other APT system such as synaptic, use of /etc/apt/preferences should
work (but it may not worth learning complications.)

Please use apt-get or aptitude to deal with this.  experimental users
are expected to be comfortable with one of these and your life should be
easier...