Re: acpi trouble

On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 15:33:05 +0100, Matteo Giani wrote:

(...)

> the only problem is, my battery seems not to generate any events (i
> checked with acpi_listen), except when plugging/unplugging from AC
> power. in particular, it doesn't generate any event when it's
> charging/discharging (even at very low levels).

Does it work when the charging/discharging events are triggered directly
by Gnome? (e.g., if you tell the battery icon on the systray to be
visible just on charge/discharge).

> since those events are created by the kernel ( i'm using a vanilla
> 2.6.32-5, the battery module is auto loaded) and since the status of the
> battery (in /sys/....BAT0) is indeed updated every 30 s (or so), the
> questions are:
>
> 1) how do i force the kernel produce those events? is there a way?
> 2) shoud i consider an upgrade of the bios?
> 3) what about other laptops? do anybody share this problem?

I guess the events should be automatically detected by the kernel. If
they're not, maybe something is broken (DSDT tables, ACPI BIOS...).

Do you have loaded "eeepc_laptop" module? :-?

I would also post this message into Debian eeepc devel mailing list, it's
quite possible you can hit more replies on this matter in there:

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-eeepc-devel/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón