Re: Is this statement correct?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:35:04 -0600, Kent West wrote:

> On 02/17/2011 12:04 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> LILO is another bootloader available for Linux.
>>
>> What was your concern? The sponsor? :-)
>>

> LILO was the boot loader used a version or few back. It can still be
> used, but it's no longer the default on Debian installations.

The first Linux I installed (that was back to 2003) defaulted to GRUB as
bootloader and GRUB (legacy) is the only bootloader I've installed -and
tweaked- since then. While I've seen "LILOs" when testing another
distributions, true is that I have not a deep knowdledge of how it works.

But, for what I've read, LILO is still requested for some complex booting
environments where GRUB has some difficulty and OTOH, I think is a very
good approach to keep the two most used bootloaders in a good shape.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón